Sunday, December 1, 2019

THE EMPTY ROOM

this empty room
empty apart from me but I'm so empty I'm not even sure i count anymore
the hollowness and taping keys
the voices in my head telling me to leave
this isn't where i thought id be

the air-conditioner whirls
its cold but I'm so cold inside i barely notice
the gentle and purring breeze
this happiness that i can't seize
i don't know where to find the key

the darkened room
its dark somehow even though the sun outside shining
but this stale air is thick and dire
id pretend to be happy but I'm no liar
i don't know why theres no light to see

the time ticks on
time moves forward but somehow I'm stuck right here
to this frozen moment i am a slave
every day praying I'm closer to the grave
i think we know how this ends for me

Image result for empty room