Saturday, June 5, 2021

you.

What happened to him
The boy i used to know
A breath of warm air on cold lungs
Who laughing sunshine and hope
Was full of mystery and desire
The boy who dared to dream and fly on the wings of roses
Lived by the breath of the ocean and fed on the suns rays
Who'd flower and be so obviously beautiful that id question why no one else could see it
Did you even exist?
Or was the reason you were only visible to me because I had imagined the whole thing
So desperately obvious for a way out and into the new that I fabricated the very essence of your existence 
You felt real
Smelt real
Tasted real
But it wouldn't be the first time I've fallen in love with the idea of who I felt you could be only to be tidalwaved by who you are and who you never could be.
Maybe im too disconnected with reality 
Maybe I expect too much
Is it too much to want to be loved whole
To be desired, supported and appreciated 
If thats too much then maybe I dont want it
I wasn't born, lived and survived all this to be met with something less
Or maybe this is all I deserve
Destined to be nothing more than nothing
Deserve something less than everything
I'd rather have nothing than feel like this
I'd rather have nothing than feel like nothing