Thursday, November 6, 2014

i broke my own heart loving you

loving you was like a freezing winters morning. 
peaceful dew resting so delicately on every surface while the cold air is breathless in our lungs and somehow so utterly perfect and refreshingly obvious.  we'd walk through the grass and our footsteps would follow us where ever we'd go as we watch the air leave our lungs in a haze that fogs up all the words we could never say to each other.  The sun would bless the skin on our faces for a while as our body screams for warmth but loves the comfort of our layers.  We'd smile and laugh and envelope ourselves in our love that was all the warmth we needed.  But you'd soon leave, and i'd enjoy the memories and the moments.  But the longer your gone the colder i feel and my body is shivering and my lungs are barely breathing while the cool air on my skin leaves me feeling alone and worthless.  
Without your warmth, the cold takes over.  
I know ill die here soon.