Sunday, December 28, 2014

be at peace, not in pieces

why can't i let you go? you haunt me in a way i could never escape. you are as much apart of me as i am of myself.
maybe even more
i can't dull the pain in my heart, the pain i feel when we are miles away, in the distance i can feel you
i want to love you
and i want you to love me
but its all unrequited. its all its ever been and I'm so sick and so tired of this game. I'm losing. I've been losing for a while now
maybe I've already lost
you
you don't know the pain i feel. you and me are meant for something or maybe you already know that and feel it too

i could never string together enough half thought out words to express how much i wish i could go back. but I'm scared. I'm scared of you. and me. and what it would mean
I'm scared that id love you too much and you'd never feel the same and we'd never work
your the last thing in this world thats real and i never want to lose that
id rather this sadness and pain and longing for you than nothing at all

i still remember the night i told you i loved you
i play it in loops in my head
until its madness
i dont regret any word of it
not a single word

what came after is where the regrets lie
i want to apologise but I'm not sure you'd want to hear it
i want to tell you i love you but I'm not sure you'd believe it
i want you
and only you

but instead all i have is these memories and a fading hope that it won't be like this forever