Wednesday, April 22, 2015

loving you is like waiting for a ship at the airport

i closed my eyes 
and you kissed me like you should have kissed me from the start
and it was perfect, intimate and i could feel your love for me pour from your lips
the taste of them drew me in and i never wanted this moment to end
it was what I've always wanted
you body against mine
my lips on your lips
my hand on your neck
time stood still as my heart beat faster and faster and faster
my mind had never been so clear, so enveloped on you
nothing in this world could ever exist in that moment
then i opened my eyes
and all i saw was darkness
it was cold
disappointing
so i rolled over and pulled the covers over my head


“And when her lips met mine, I knew that I could live to be a hundred and visit every country in the world, but nothing would ever compare to that single moment when I first kissed the girl of my dreams and knew that my love would last forever.” ― Nicholas Sparks