Sunday, November 1, 2015

wildflowers.

the colour of the sunset is still fresh in my mind and i still remember the smell of your cologne as you traced your fingers along the lines of my jaw as you held my face and i breathed you in. we'd count the stars on a starless night as i looked for all the reason why this wasn't a good idea. the fireworks, in the sky and in our chemistry, never failed to impress as my brain got caught on the very thought of you. your hands on my bare skin, the way you pulled me in, the softness of your lips, id waited what felt like a life time for that moment as my logic battled my reason and my desires destroyed them both. i always promised myself to not let moments pass us by, to pick the wild flowers when they bloomed instead of waiting too long and watching them die. this moment wasn't overestimated but rather the most underrated experience i ever had. Reality isn't a place i frequent for it pails in comparison to the image my mind creates but my mind could never have created you and me and that moment more perfectly. i wish i could stay in the moment forever. You never usually know the significance of a moment until its long gone but i knew in that moment the value of every second. When you remember that you can never get a moment back, you cement the perfect ones in your mind to play and replay a hundred times over and store in the box in the corner of my brain to call on when i feel like drowning in all of you.