Saturday, October 22, 2016

how did we get here

you were perfect
and nobody is perfect
but you were perfect in my eyes
perfect in your imperfection
but you fooled me
you fooled everyone
and now i don't even know what it means to feel safe anymore

the winter was long and cold but your lies were even colder, chilling my bones and stealing my oxygen, so slowly that i didn't even know you were suffocating me.
i ask for simple things.
respect.
honesty.
but honestly.
you don't know the meaning of those words.

as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow i know you'll feed me another line. 
another lie.
thats what you do, right?
you take and take and take and i have nothing left to give but my life and you'd probably enjoy my last breath as you watch me give that to you too.

all i want, all I've ever wanted was to be loved in the same way that i love. i love you with every part of my being, with every cell, every breath, every second is spent fixated on you. but i only exist in your world when I'm in front of you. do you realise i have a life outside of yours? its like you think that the TV shows only get broadcasted when your TV is on. little do you realise, they run 24/7 whether your TV is on or not. 
but don't worry. other people are tuning in, j
ust don lose your mind when you break your TV