Tuesday, December 7, 2021

I wish we could go back to a time before it was too late

I still feel your fingers tracing my jaw as you looked at my face in awe
The stars slowly started revealing themselves in the night sky, they stretch infinitely across space, out numbered by all the almost maybes between you and I.
The fireworks coloured the world and while all eyes were looking up you were looking at me
Why is it that I always felt like the only women in existence when your eyes are on me from any distance
I can still see the look on your face when you asked my new flame if the girl he was seeing in secret was important
I was sitting right in front of you knowing that you knew because I was your drunken informant 
I could hear it in your voice that me moving on would never have been your choice but falling in love with me wasn't an option either 
And he wasn't ready to keep her
But disillusioned about what purpose he served, I knelt down praying at his steeple
And maybe now you can appreciate why storms are named after people.