Friday, March 6, 2015

There are all types of love in this world, but never the same love twice.

he looked at me in a way that made me feel like i was the only girl i the world, so captivating and i enveloped myself in the way the world stood still and silent.  His eyes pierced my soul and left me breathless and no matter how much i deny it, nothing will ever feel as good as his eyes on my skin.  I could feel his eyes looking at me from across the room, i could feel them on my skin, studying and admiring the way I'd move through a crowd so purposefully but so unnoticeably to you. Words would jumble, thoughts incoherent, my brain was nothing but a jumbling mess dancing ever so delicately in my mind.  My mind was a whirlwind of thoughts and dreams and emotions, a hurricane but some how so still at the same time because i knew what i wanted.  my heart would race and i imagine my heart was racing yours, it couldn't be only me that felt this.  You captivate me, if only for a second but it felt like a lifetime and i lost myself, so carelessly into intimacy from which i would never recover.  The thought of that moment leaves me utterly and irrevocably breathless.  Thats when i knew i loved you.  Thats when i knew that i'd never love anyone the way i love you.  Your eyes, in a stunning hue of blue.  if i ever forget your voice, your smile, your face, at least i know i will never forget the look in your eyes.  It was a look i have never seen before and fear ill never see again, for no man has ever looked at a woman with such beauty, and such love.  It was easy to lose time when you looked at me like that.  Like i was the only thing in the world that existed, it was the way a man should look at the woman he loves.  A love that would make any other love seem obsolete, that would make every love story ever written jealous.  And i couldn't shake the feeling that this was the most profoundly important moment of my life.  Of both of our lives.  It was like a light came on and i saw the world for the first time as it laid out in front of me.  Like we had the rest of our lives to prove to the world that no other love compared, anything less then this was a amazingly disappointing waste of utter time as the words on your lips meant nothing compared to the look in your eyes.  You never needed to tell me you loved me, i knew you did, and i always thought that nothing could get in the way of this love.  And nothing could stop it.  But as i sit here, in this lonely kitchen, writing stories of love and mystery and desire that will never come to fruition, i think of your eyes, and that love.  And how we could be so in love and not be together. And thats the thought that tears me into pieces so small that I'm not sure i still exist.

those eyes, they are what haunt me most.