Monday, May 18, 2015

letters to you - Part 2

look, I've been honest with you and i think i deserve some honesty back
i know the answer to all these questions, you answered them by telling me you appreciated my honesty and didn't say another word. and thats okay
but heres the thing,
i need to hear you say those words
i need to hear you tell me you didn't ever love me
that there isn't a future for us
that its not going to happen
its too late
i need to hear it
so i can let go and move on
to me, you and i will always be unfinished business
i need you to be honest with me, for once.
I'm the type of girl who will wait for you
until your ready
to the extent that i will wait for you forever
but thats not fair
we're not getting any younger
i have big dreams for my life,
marriage, kids, i want a life in a painted house with mismatched door handles, starry ceilings hovering over too many memories to fit into four walls and a room full of books that could never contain our story.
but none of my dreams are me waiting around for a guy who will never want me.
i know you don't feel the same, your actions make that clear, but there is still hope inside of me that maybe i should wait. and that one day you will see me like that.
And if thats just not true then i need you to be honest with me.
forget about protecting my feelings, i want the honest truth from you even if it rips my heart out, because if its just me that has felt these things, the kindest thing you can do right now is to rip my heart out. No relationship i have had since i met you has worked, because of you. and no future ones will work, because of you, so I'm stuck now, its your move.

after 13 years, don't you think i deserve honesty?