Sunday, October 18, 2015

wonderwall.

i spent last week wishing you were here.
wishing you were with me.
seeing the things i saw, exploring the world
together
but i turned and it wasn't your face i saw
thats the most realest thing I've ever known
that was how i know i love you
to turn and be so bitterly disappointed that it was another thing i was doing in this world without you
and i should be doing it with you

the greatest tragedy in life is not losing what you've loved.
its spending your life loving someone else.
knowing that time is limited and oh so wasted.

my whole life I've known, you don't date your best friend.
you marry them, or risk losing your best friend.

and if you have to invite your best friend to you wedding you're marrying the wrong man.

i don't want to invite you to my wedding
to see you stand in the crowd
to feel your eyes burning holes in my skin
while i profess my mediocre love to my safe soon-to-be husband.

there are so many things you read about love that contradicts each other. some say love is understanding, safety, acceptance. others say love should challenge you but calm you, push you but never hurt you. many of us spend our lives just trying to figure out the right answer to this question.
and maybe thats it.
maybe there is no right answer.
we each have to find our own.
to me, love is you.
you're imperfect and fickle.
you challenge my thinking and push me to try new things.
we disagree, a lot, but it never gets in the way.
the physical chemistry is palpable
but most importantly
there is a part of me,
deep down
way down
who knows its you.
you're not safe, you can't give me the world
but we wouldn't need it
we'd have each other.