Thursday, May 7, 2015

Love is gone

And I sat there,
Looking into your eyes
And I searched your soul
I looked and I looked but all I saw was a blue hollowness
An emotionless abyss 
Swallowing me in its shallowness

I looked harder
Closer
The bright world kept spinning
Kept busy
And the air was not putting a fight up in my lungs
The air was cold
Narrow
As I searched

Forever looking and never seeing
The weight on my chest
My heart beat
Nothing significant
But not insignificant 
In the corner of my eyes
The world had faded 
Darkness
I saw a star and I wished

But wished to no avail 
As I searched 
And waited to find something
Anything
I saw blue 
Mixed with what I can only assume was pity
And nothing else

You once loved me so wholly 
And what seemed so endless
But no trace was left
Nothing to be seen
I had loved you so wholly
But lifetimes too late
I can't change it
Nor would you want to

It doesn't exist there anymore
In the places I miss the most
So I stair plainly
Dully 
Into your blue eyes
Which once captivated me
Only now to leave without a lasting impression 

That's when I knew I no longer meant a thing 
Your eyes always gave you away