Tuesday, June 22, 2021

goodbye

You thanked me for the years of friendship
The good times, the bad
It felt like the end of an era
and that's because it was
You apologised for the pursuit 
For trying to make something out of nothing
You bought me a drink
And we cheers to the years
And then you told me about you're new flame
But when you walked away I followed
You gave me honesty and I owed you mine
I told you I had been in love with you 
I told you I probably loved you more than anyone ever
You asked me why I didn't make it work
Its because you couldn't handle me
I told you that you deserved happiness and apologised for the past
Im still coming to terms with the fact that you and I will never be together 
I hugged you're mother
And told her im sorry
This is not the fairytale we hoped for
But it wasn't until I walked away did I realise this was goodbye.
Goodbye to my childhood love
Goodbye to my best friend
Because I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that I will never see you or speak to you ever again

Goodbye to you